Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Shooting Blanks

That's what one of my in laws accused my hubbie of doing. Now she has 3 children with her husband, 1 before their marriage and he has 2 or 3 prior to the marriage, for a total of 6 or 7. When we went to visit and when we were just beginning fertility treatment she asked him 'Why haven't you gotten Rebound Girl pregnant yet. You must be shooting blanks because ain't nothing wrong with Rebound Girl. It was mordifying and funny at the same time. My husband kept mum but I jumped to his defense stating that he already has kids so obviously he's not shooting blanks. But she kept at him and finally he was like 'lets go'.

Family, you can't live with them and you can't shoot them.

We have a family reunion coming up in a few months and I want to be pregnant when I go down there, so my husband can beam from ear to ear and announce it. He's already told me that he is not waiting 12 weeks before he shares the news. He couldn't keep a secret to save his life!

3 comments:

Trinka said...

Best wishes with your reunion!

Lost in Space said...

I hope you have great news to share at that reunion after your CBEFM works its magic. (:

Ya Chun said...

Has your husband been tested? Do his kids from first marriage look like him? (get where I am going?) All options should be explored, especially when you start talkin' shooting yourself up with all the IVF stuff. Maybe his count has decreased too, with age? And if he is not at "peak production," it might be compounding the fertility issues on your side.