Monday, June 23, 2008

Ahhh to be drug free

Today is CD6 for me and in the past the old me would just be finishing up a round of low dose clomid and one Bravelle shot. But that's not me anymore. The new me is drug free and loving it. I can't explain how lucid, sharp and alive my brain and body have been the past few days. No low grade headache, no hot flashes, no lose of sanity...okay, okay maybe just a tad :-) I don't feel all bloated and irritable and to tell you the truth, I'd forgotten what it feels like to not be medicated.

This weekend I indulged in a Frappacino from Starbucks. A caffienated one! I did mean to get decaf, but forgot and it was so good that I sucked it down with reckless abandon. Then sat up all night was my eyes popping out of my head on a caffiene high. I stopped at the Beer and Wine store and got me a bottle of White Zinfindel, my absolute favorite and have been partaking of it over the last few days. On Friday, my husband and I went out and had dinner and I had a Pomegranate Mai Tai and a Lemon Drop Martini. Ahhhh, the good life.

I don't miss clomid, or bravelle or ovidrel. I am content with CBE Fertility monitor, for now and can't wait to see what happens with that.

This is a drug free zone, a drug free time and I am loving every minute of it!

1 comment:

Queenie. . . said...

Good for you for living it up! That is my regimen for the beginning of the month, too!