Wednesday, June 18, 2008

CBE Fertility Monitor

So, I took the plunge and purchased the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor from a lady in my neighboring state. I am going to use it for a few months while saving up for IVF and pray that we get pregnant. I read all the rave reviews online with a few not so good ones in between and decided its a go. I've never had a chance to use one and so this is it!

I was on craigslist like a mad woman yesterday emailing and corresponding and breaking out into a cold sweat. LOL!!!

Despite the makers saying that its not good to transfer the machine and have more than one user, I know its a determent to keep us paying close to $200 for the machine and $50 for 30 test sticks, but they won't get me like that. Nope. I got mine used for $35! That's right and I'll get some test sticks at CVS for $39. Its about the cost of my IUI with insurance coverage. LOL!!!

Today is CD1 for me and as soon as I get my machine, disinfect it and calibrate it, I will be charting my days. I've done the basal temp and charting before, so this should be similar right? We'll see. Whats more is I ovulate monthly, like clockwork, but I learned from reading that some women did as well but found with the monitor that their peak days were before they thought, so when they started BDing (baby dusting/dancing), the egg was at high quality and may not have been viable. So many tales of getting pregnant after one month of charting and even one of a lady who did mediated IUIs and did not get pregnant, but got the monitor charted and got pregnant. I am praying I too have a story to share like that one. Maybe I am buying into the hype of it all or perhaps being swept away by the possibilities, but I need something to hold on to and occupy my mind, so I feel I am still making an effort. A girl has the right to dream.

2 comments:

Wishing 4 One said...

How cool. You shop like me girl, smart. Good luck and maybe you won't need to spend your savings on IVF....you'll get pregnant while charting then you can go on a vacation somewhere fun with the money saved....positive thinking.

Still Standing Strong in A Bloom of Hope. said...

i dream all the time... and these dreams have given me alot of tears.

sorry, am in such a mood today..thanks for your comment on my blog...i feel AF is coming..i know it..i just do.

yes, i am going to try to be positive...thanks for reminding me..