Friday, June 27, 2008

High Fertility!

High fertility, high fertility!!! Today is CD10 for me and I got a high on my CBE monitor. I am so excited and hoping I will peak in a few days. I thought that I normally ovulate on CD 14 but as I looked over my calendar, on which I write down my weight, ovulation date, CDs etc, I have ovulated between CD12-14 and my cycle has been 27-31 days long at times. So I am not the typical 28 day cycle, 14 day ovulation. It is so imperative that we listen to our bodys as opposed to what’s written. Over the past 3 months, I have been so medicated that I was not sure what was what.

I was sort of perplexed to find this during my research on luteal phase yesterday. I learned that the days before ovulation can greatly vary from woman to woman but the days after ovulation, the luteal phase, is normally 14 days long. A luteal phase shorter than say 10 days is normally considered defective. Some cycles are 28-38 days and this is considered normal. Some women ovulate 10 -19 days into their cycles. The entire preovulation (elevation of LH and FSH), ovulation and postovulation take a maximum of 36 hours. The egg normally lives a maximum of 24 hours, but most likely 12 hours. That does not leave a huge window of time to BD (baby dance/dust). I also learned that sperm need about 6 hours to make the journey to the egg and its best to have the sperm waiting for the egg instead of ovulating then BDing. I am going to rent or purchase the video A Child is Born, to get some more detailed information because in it, it is supposed to show sperm in the woman’s body and how most of them just die off or try to fertilize the first thing they see and not many make the journey to the egg. I am very curious and plan on doing the post-coital test if I am not successful with this cycle, because I really am curious about my CM (cervical mucus). Sperm need CM to survive and swim in. Over the next few days I will be drinking A LOT of water to help ensure I have that slippery CM needed for the sperm to thrive and swim. * Takes a long gulp of water*

I am off to research a bit more. I had heard in the past that sperm, when first ejaculated, has to take some time to become capacitated to swim. It sits in a gelatinous type semen sort of as a protective measure just in case the CM is hostile. After a while, it sort of melts down and the sperm are released to make their journey.

Yeah, I know lots of research and information. Well that’s the kick I am on right now. Gotta do something to occupy my time.

No comments: