Wednesday, June 25, 2008

In a frenzied whirlwind

I have been blowing up the internet all day in regards to LH surges and post-coital tests. I seriously think that either I have hostile CM (cervical mucus) or a short LH surge and my egg does not live that long. I have not had a post coital test because I was doing the IUIs and my doctor stated that the IUI is the best option for hostile CM, well that is next to IVF. He explained how with the limited lifetime funds insurance provides, its sometimes best to just try to overcome the infertility rather than run all the tests trying to find out exactly what is causing it. Well, that sounded good at the time when I thought I'd do every treatment and IVF is so expensive so I better be conservative. But now that I am going back to au natural, I have these concerns. All my bloodwork was fine, but still I almost made a doctors appointment to schedule the post coital, but then I declined, not wanting to even go to the clinic at all this month.

My other concern is that my egg is not maturing or it has a very short lifespan. I researched to find some posts on short LH surges. Some women truly surge and then its gone and then its done and that's the reason why they do not get positives on the OPK. That made me question my CBEFM and it just went on and on. I wondered if I could miss the LH surge since I test in the AM with first urine. What if I surge in the early PM at work and then I dont' test again until the next morning, what happens if my surge is already come and gone and my egg is short lived for 12 hours!!!!! I continued to blow up the internet for quite some time looking for the answer but found nothing. I decided to just keep doing what the monitor asks me to do and wait to see what it says. I am pooped!

2 comments:

audrey said...

no good doing a urine test first thing in the morning to detect LH surge best to do urine test around 2pm

audrey said...

doing first morning urine does not help best time to test is around 2pm