Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Faith versus Stupidity

So I had to wait until now to get my confirmed BFN beta. Truth be told I still had faith that I could have that late implanter or low beta number undetectable by the HPT. But of course, I was just being stupid and outlandish. They had me wait all day just to hear 'unfortunately the beta was negative'. Arggh!

So on to other things. I decided to give the fertility monitor a try. I found one on craigslist for $35 but it might be sold. I am going back to seek another. I never had a chance to use it and kept confusing it with the ovulation sticks. Now I plan to just try it au natural and see what happens. We are looking at IVF after that.

2 comments:

~M~ said...

Good luck with the fertility monitor. I've been pleased with mine, so far.

So sorry about the negative beta. It never gets easier, does it? Although, I've never even gotten far enough to have a beta...

vahnee said...

Gah, I feel for you. Good luck with the fertility monitor. On a side note, I recently found out at my acupuncture/chiropractic place that they have acu and chiro services for fertility. I wish I could tell you more, but I don't know much about it other than that their practice is 80% obstetrics and they have LOTS of success in the LA area with things like breech turning and induction. If you want to contact them, their website is doctorberlin.com. Hope things work out for you! *hug*