Thursday, July 3, 2008

1 DPO (One Day Post Ovulation)

Well it is CD16 and I showed high fertility on the monitor this morning. So we are able to slow things down again. I was pretty pleased with what I found out by using the monitor. Namely, I am one of the many women who ovulate on CD14 and have a 28 day cycle. I have been pretty regular but a few times a year, I go longer cycles say 29 – 32 days, but I am always certain when I ovulate because I have the pain on which ever side I am ovulating on. What I found was that I have peak fertility for two days, so the first day when I feel the pain, ovulation may be just beginning. In the past we would BD on that day and then slow down after that, but the CBE showed my peak continued (and I did OPK stick and it confirmed the same), so we BD on the second peak day instead of the first (mostly because we were just too tired). I rationalized that we normally BD on the day I feel the ovulation pain (now known as peak day 1) and have not gotten pregnant yet, so if we skip the first day and let hubbie build up spermies and then go the second day we may have a better chance. All I know is we went at it 3 out of 4 of our high days and 1 out of 2 of our peak days, so lots of swimmers were waiting on that egg. We shall see what happens!

We are traveling down to NC for the 4th of July to spend it with family and friends. I am like a kid with all my readiness to leave this state and head south to a slower pace and a nice warm beach. I pray that you all remain safe during your weekend travels and ventures. I pray for the successes of our efforts to conceive. And of course baby dust to all!!!

3 comments:

Hope2morrow said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

I hope your timing this month was perfect! Enjoy your trip!

By the way, what does "BD" stand for?

The Rebound Girl said...

Baby Dance (sex) or Baby Dust.

Just Me. said...

Enjoy your trip!

BD to all of us!