Sunday, May 25, 2008

Why the Rebound Girl?

Some may be wondering why I chose the name Rebound Girl. Well to make a long story short, I met my husband when he was ending a very messy divorce. I had just come out of a 9 year relationship and had moved to a new area. When we met, it was so much fun to have someone to make me laugh and of course the sex was dynomite! At any rate, we begin living together very quickly and all his family basically thought he was using me (which he may have been for a while) and that we would not last. My family thought I was still stuck on my ex and there was no way I could be moving on and he was just the rebound guy. For a while, it was what it was. I did not love him nor he me, we just were together and maybe it was to fill certain voids we had. But eventually it blossomed into something more. I love him and he loved me and he asked me to marry him. Certain members of his family did not even show up to our wedding, making some excuse about another commitment, but I knew it was because they thought our marriage would never last and that we'd be separated and divorced. But oh how we proved them wrong! Here we are 6 years later still putting up with each others shit and loving each other so strong that it hurts. I think its because some of those people did not show that our marriage was blessed and has endured. We did not need those negative thoughts on our big day!

They thought I was the rebound girl and he was the rebound guy and we knew after a short while we were destined to be together for life.

No comments: