Sunday, May 25, 2008

Primary Infertility

So my research tells me that I have primary infertility. That means this is my first time trying to get preggers with no luck. As I read around with those who have secondary infertility, I somehow get turned off. They have one child already so somehow their plight does not appeal to me. I am like, you atleast have one and have proven that you were a good purchase (so to speak), that your husband had proof that you can bear children and are not barren, unlike me who has never had a child and feel I have something to prove along with my strong desire to be a mother. Oh well. Its harsh but true. I sometimes feel like I was a bad pick for my husband, because he wants MORE children so bad. He already has kids but wants some with ME. This has been the first thing he's asked for that I can't deliver on and boy does it hurt.

3 comments:

Penny said...

When I was trying for my first and encountering some trouble, I was annoyed at the women who complained about trying for their second, third, etc. They didn't interest me either. Women with no children of their own who are infertile are in an entirely different world than us secondary's.

The Rebound Girl said...

Thanks for understanding how I feel. At times I think its so insensitive of me to feel the way I do, but I can't help it.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I like your honesty. I think infertility is hard, no matter what though.