Monday, January 19, 2015

IVF

Its been over 7 years since I started this journey to motherhood. I am back again after trying for the past two years to conceive our third child. I told my husband that he had until I turned 38 to make it happen. We tried, but nothing happened. Now after two failed IUI's we are moving on to IVF. I am a bit horrified to say the least. Back when we were trying for baby #1 we were planning to do IVF and then by the grace of God got pregnant naturally. Baby #2 came naturally as well. Now we are back at the drawing board (so to speak). I start Gonal and Menopur tomorrow. This after my 19 days of birth control pills, bloodwork and a mock IUI from hell. When I went in for my mock, my friggin cervix was so high that I thought the doctor may just push through me to get access. He even thought we may be unable to do the mock. But after my silent prayers and his persistence it happened, went well and I was moved on. I was very sore and bleeding after the mock. Ouch! I pray the live transfer is not like that. So as I proceed. I will OF COURSE need to come pour my thoughts out. Bear with me and feel free to comment. Thanks and God bless.

No comments: