Friday, December 5, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday! I am 32 years young today! I certainly do not feel 32, but I am. I feel more like a young 21 year old than a true adult though.

I was thinking back over my years of TTC. I stopped BC December 2005 and we tried up to December 2006 when I found I had the massive fibroid growing in my uterus. After that was removed in 2007 we’ve been trying every month thereafter to no avail. 3 failed medicated IUI’s, 3 failed months of the CBE monitor, 4 weeks of acupuncture and herbal medicines and countless of trying it on my own. Each month I would be filled with hope and anxiety, only to have my hopes dashed and snuffed out. I would think how cool it would be to find out I was pregnant on my husband’s birthday, then when that did not work, I’d think how cool it would be to get pregnant on father’s day, then my mom’s birthday, then mother’s day and on and on and on. Each month some new expectation. We decided that the IVF was a go and I called the nurse and got my list of meds and today my husband was going to pay the deposit we are required to pay.

This year we traveled away and spent some quality time on our anniversary. I found that I was ovulating and had a fleeting thought on how nice it would be if we got pregnant on our anniversary. Just a fleeting thought because of all the disappointments. You can imagine how much we baby danced over our anniversary weekend. LOL!!! I started counting my days before Thanksgiving to see when AF would show and calculated it to be around the 30th of November. Imagine my shock when AF did not show, I figured I mis-calculated. I waited it out but still no AF. Then on Tuesday it felt as though she’d show any minute. I had small hopes of being preggers but would not allow myself to think it. By yesterday, I allowed myself to believe it could be, but all the cramping I was having made me think not. I am a 27-29 cycle day girl, not a 32 cycle day girl. I had counted and had a ball park of when I ovulate and knew just like clockwork my period came 14 days later. I picked up some tests yesterday and resisted the urge to say a word to my hubbie or sister, I resisted the urge to POAS until this morning. I got up this morning and did the test and God said ‘Happy Birthday’ and gave me my gift… it is attached below:



Imagine my shock when the second blue line immediately came up and I realized I was pregnant. I AM PREGNANT! I fell to my knees and prayed then called my husband to share the news. I said guess what we did on our anniversary weekend. He pondered and then said what. I said ‘we made a baby’. He was absolutely floored and is so overjoyed and immediately told a co-worker. My husband cannot keep a secret so I don’t know if we’ll wait 12 weeks. LOL!!!

Never did I think how great it would be to find out I am pregnant on my very own birthday. But words cannot explain how overjoyed and blessed I am. After almost 3 years of TTC and month after month of heartache…I am pregnant. All praises to God!

11 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

congrats, and happy birthday.

I Believe in Miracles said...

I was sort of loosely reading this post to get down to the bottom and comment to wish you a happy birthday... but wait... there is doubly good news!! I'm SO THRILLED FOR YOU. What an awesome, amazing, great birthday present!!!

Congratulations!! And a very Happy rest of the Birth-day.

~~HUGS~~

Searching for Serenity said...

Congratulations! You'll never ever forget your 32nd birthday.

FattyPants said...

Happy birthday. What an amazing gift!

Kristin said...

What a fabulous birthday surprise! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

The Rebound Girl said...

I am still on cloud nine! Thank you all for your well wishes. Keep hoping, believing and praying. It can and will happen!

Anonymous said...

Your post has made me so happy!!
I came to make a comment on the previous post, and was determined not to read this before I posted, but somehow couldn't resist.

At first, I thought you were making an analogy or something--don't ask me why I thought this. To be quite honest this was the last thing I expected. But I am just soooo incredibly happy for you and your DH.

Is there anyway I can get in touch with you via email.

Anyway,
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.... I think you got the best gift this year!!

God Bless and best wishes.

I'm still over the moon with Joy for you.

Congrats once again,
Anna

The Rebound Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Just Me. said...

Happy birthday and congrats! A great birthday gift, indeed.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! your story has brought tears to my eyes!! AMAZ
ING, 2 and a bit months with tcm, WOW. This will be my first cycle with TCM, hope I get the same results you do!!

Ms. J. said...

Anna are you still out there? You would be tickled to know what we named our second child.