Wednesday, December 3, 2008

What's our forecast for the next year?

Well time sure does fly by when you're not looking. Its been almost a month since I stopped in to blog. It should come as no surprise that I do not have any pregnancy news to report. Last month I thought I was definitely pregnant. I shared it with my husband and sister. I'd been feeling strange and one night, while watching Desperate Housewives and folding laundry, I got so naseaus I had to jump in bed and lay down. I was feeling awful, but when my period showed up I feared I was diabetic. So off to the doctors with no hope of a positive pregnancy, then the doctor told me she bled for 3 months into her pregnancy. I had renewed spirit. Turns out I had a small case of food poisoning or a virus since my WBC were elevated. My gosh what does it take for a girl to concieve.

My anniversary passed recently and as usual my husband and I discussed our plans and goals for the next year of our marriage. His number one goal was....yes, you guessed it...starting our family. He is really pushing the IVF and I am leaning towards it myself. I 've taken just about the full year to try and concieve on my own to no avail. I guess its time for plan b. I called the fertility clinic and got my list of drugs and meds and pricing. It looks like we'll spend about $1200 for the IVF procedure, meds and co-pays. Not that bad, but much more than the $100 for the IUI's. So 2 more chances to get this thing done right or IVF here we come!

2 comments:

I Believe in Miracles said...

That's amazingly cheap for IVF! Praying for you as you make your decision. It's never easy.
~~HUGS~~

Anonymous said...

I guess I won't need to respond to this post the way I had planned :o)

Anna