Friday, January 30, 2015

Pre Egg Retrieval Day

I have made it thus far. I took my Lupron trigger at 12:30am this morning and went in for BW only to test LH and some other level. My nurse said the trigger was successful and the numbers has 'skyrocketed'. So we are on track for retrieval tomorrow. WOW! I am about to do a full cycle of IVF...but right now I feel like crap. I got this massive headache today around lunch time and with that came some nausea. Even now I am not quite my best. I was very hungry today with specific cravings. I came home and made chicken and broccoli alfredo (alfredo sauce from scratch and quite tasty). I just ate and now the sick feeling. I think its the increased level of drugs or maybe withdrawal from the 10 days of gonalF and menopur. at any rate, I am excited about tomorrow. The biologist in me is so anxious to learn how my eggs perform in the dish. looks like 18-20 to retrieve so maybe 9-10 fertilize, and 4-5 make it to day 5. Call me crazy but my hope is 2 to transfer and possibly take. I don't want all these frozen blastocysts because I will not use them all unless the IVF is unsuccessful. My option is none frozen but a new round of meds if this fails. I am leaning that way. After this cycle, I need a break though, so lets pray for success. I am off to research now. Baby dust to all!

No comments: