Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Day 9 US/BW

I did not ovulate as I speculated. I did some reading after logging off and found that the increased estrogen levels can make the body feel like its ovulating and produce the egg white cervical mucous that I saw last night. I am really runny down there. Hope that's not TMI because this whole blog is that. The doctor's say no unprotected sex until after embryo transfer and my poor hubbie has to wear condoms. We both hate those, but oh well. Today I made it in for the BW and U/S. Glad I actually missed yesterday because they would have just old me to come back again anyway. I have 4 mature eggs and then 14 trailing ones that they think may mature. 18 total today. 10 on the left and 8 on the right. The left made a major comeback because it has about 4 last U/S but after upping the menopur to triple the dose they starting growing. So I had to do one more night of gonal and menopur. The nurse believes I will trigger tomorrow night. So prayerfully two more shots and I am done. I do have to go in tomorrow for BW and U/S. Also my estrogen levels are in the 1000s now. Last time it was 400 and I thought that was good. Not sure what all the numbers mean but its okay. I do know I have a follicle that is 24, 23, 22, 21, 18 and some that are 14 and 15 mm. After much reading I found that quality over quantity is what is important. I read women with 40 eggs retrieved only to have 2 or 3 make it to day 5. Wow. Not sure how I feel about this survival of the fittest and day 3 versus day 5 or 6 transfer but one that I did learn is that until the egg hatches, it cannot implant. As I think of the fertilized eggs in the dish dying off, I struggle...I pray. God lead me. I believe in life at conception and I have a lot more research to do before I can truly be sure what we are going to do. I have two babies and am not looking to have 3 or 4 in the future. So this is going to be a well prayed over decision. I've asked God to lead us and I know he will not fail. My tummy area is sore from all the shots and they are all subcutaneous. I cannot imagine the pain of butt shots that I've red about. Day 9 and about 20 - 23 shots in. I am ready to tap out. My mood is swinging, not terribly, but somewhat. So I am happy when this is done and praying for success on the first round. Tip - If you have an ovary that likes to hid, try dropping your butt a bit farther off the table during the transvaginal US and pressing on that side. Worked like a charm for me. Normally my left ovary hides way 'over there' as the sono tech put it. When I went in previously, I went farther off the table than I normally do and the tech was able to find my left ovary easily. Its never been that easy. Today I shared that info with the sono tech as she hunted for the ovary. Dipped down a bit lower and BAM. It was crystal clear on the screen and had 10 follicles! I am going to try this for my future paps. I have a high, tilted cervix and trying to visualize that sucker can make me feel like I've been rammed through.

No comments: