Tuesday, September 9, 2008

No Shit Sherlock

He leaned over to me and said 'your period is coming; you have a zit'. I looked up and glared into his face. Why in the middle of our wonderful conversation and the splendid theatrics of the Sakura Japanese Hibachi chef's cooking presentation would he say such a thing. 'I know' I said, when what I was thinking was 'you asshole, don't you think I know I have a zit the size of Mt. Fuji on my chin. Why would I need you to point this out?'. His face distorted and I could not tell if it was from disgust of seeing my pimple or the disgust that according to HIS facts my period was coming and therefore I am not pregnant.

Who knows, who cares and in the words of my deceased mother 'No shit sherlock [I've got a pimple]'!

3 comments:

Just Me. said...

I had to giggle at the last sentece, NO SHIT SHERLOCK cuz babes and I say that to each other quite a fair bit. :)

I don't have pimples either and I only get them when AF is due to arrive. And I get all fired up when I see just 1 zit! It means, F-K! Here come the cursing and tears!

(((((hugs))))

Anonymous said...

Well, seems his predictions were accurate. It appears that I am surfing the crimson tides like clock work. I thought I'd start this weekend, but woke up to a surprise. I counted the days and I am on track for ugly Aunt Flo.

Guess its on to IVF. Oh boy.

Rebound Girl

I Believe in Miracles said...

Are you kidding me??? That's so unprofessional.